Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

A year in review and hopes for the new

Today is the last day of 2015.

Looking back on the last year, there's lots for me to be proud of, some things that I'm not so proud of, but nothing that I regret. So I'm calling this year a success. It's also easy to look back and be critical of the decisions and choices made throughout the year. Hindsight is 20/20 after all. I find I have to remind myself to remember the circumstances that I made my choices and decisions under. It's easy to be critical when you don't remember the context of making them.

Highlights of this year included: a road trip back home to PEI with Kate; discovering my snack food soulmate in Michael; getting a raise in pay; becoming more involved in Sit With Me (especially the SWM Super Squad); realizing that I am hireable as a bookkeeper and being offered a job in my chosen field (even though the timing wasn't right and I couldn't take it); reconnecting with old friends (hi Jenn!) and managing to stay in touch with friends far away (hi Bret, Katelyn and Sarah!); and having Lindsay move in with me.

In the spirit of the ending of one year and the beginning of another, here are two lists.

Things I accomplished in the last year:

  • my first foster dog was adopted and I survived the minor heartbreak it caused me
  • I transferred to a busy downtown store and built on my management skills. I didn't like it, but by God, I survived. 
  • I transferred to a smaller, more community minded store and I've succeeded beyond my expectations. 
  • Learned to love spreadsheets even more than I already did. 
  • learned that it's okay that I have fun and enjoy myself. 
  • several trips to Montreal to transport dogs to safety. 
Things I hope to accomplish in the New Year:
  • start reading for my enjoyment instead of only school related readings.
  • more writing (blogging, creative writing - just write more!).
  • take my organizational skills to the next level.
  • be more active - longer walks with the dogs!
  • spend more time in the kitchen for fun (baking and cooking for friends!). 
  • spend more time with my friends


No comments:

Post a Comment