Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

On being considered dog crazy

I love dogs.

And I'm single.

A few days ago, an ever charming gent enquired about my romantic status. Hesitantly, (he is a semi-regular at the shop) I told him that I was single. Mistake number one. He leered at me, and asked what I was doing to rectify that. I sort of glared at him. Although I am single and (technically) looking, I am quite content to be single until I am no longer single. He laughed and said that I must have a couple of cats. My eyebrows shot up into my hair. Of all the stupid comments to make. I rolled my eyes and told him that no, I didn't have cats, I had dogs... two of them. Mistake number two. Which led to him declaring that I was dog crazy and would obviously be single forever.

Sigh.

I had to walk away. Yes, I have two dogs. And I love them. One is mine. The other is a dog that I am fostering for a rescue. And what does having dogs have to do with dating anyway?!

I guess in future dating adventures/attempts (online or otherwise) I shall refrain from mentioning my love of dogs, knitting and anything that makes me seem like a boring grandmother (which is something that a man called me when he asked what I like to do in my spare time).

Which makes me wonder, when am I going to meet a man who a) doesn't mind that I have a dog and foster another, b) doesn't mind that I spend time knitting, c) won't judge me too harshly for binge watching 15 seasons of Law & Order: SVU, and d) will let me listen to John Mayer without telling me that he's garbage?








No comments:

Post a Comment