Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

When determination gets you nowhere.

Today, I experienced crushing disappointment.

I had applied for a job that I wanted more than anything else with every fibre of my being. And I had a great chance in actually being successfully hired. Alas, this morning I received the email that crushed my (current) hopes and dreams like none other. I saw this as my chance to move into what I like to call,  my 'big girl' job. But it isn't to be.

My big girl job is a job that I can be proud of announcing to a room full of strangers. I don't have to cringe and make the excuse that because I am a student it actually makes sense for me to work where I work. And it's not that I'm not... proud of my position, it's just an educated, almost 30 year old should be working someplace a little more....worthy(?). I was really looking forward to not living paycheque to paycheque (and sometimes, not even that). And while my current job has pretty great benefits, they just aren't enough to keep me from looking for other, more worthwhile workplaces.

So I guess I'll try again. I'm finding it harder and harder to struggle through life like this. I'm an university educated woman. I'm smart, I work hard and I'm kind. I just need one little break job wise.
I'll plaster the city with my resume again. I'll troll the job ads and pray that I find something worth applying for.

If you know of anyone looking to hire a university educated, hard working, kind and slightly verbose human, please send them my way. My undying gratitude will be yours.




No comments:

Post a Comment